Who needs a nap? Kidding. It is only 8:20 right now. (I’m totally not kidding. I really wish I could go back to bed.)
I know some people have already started back to school, but we are ramping up for that right now. This week we had “running start” for Cady. We went to the school where I filled out a ton of new school year paperwork and we got to meet her teacher. Saturday we are going shopping for school clothes. Sunday I meet with my girl scout co-leaders to go over the plan for the year. Dance starts next week for both of the kids (James is taking hip hop this year), and then school actually starts on the 27th. Also, James will be moving up to Pre-K. (I’m not sure what he is in now. Pre-pre-K?)
Busy, busy, busy. This time of year always feels like new beginnings for me. Maybe we should move resolutions to the fall instead of pushing them in after the holidays. Let’s see, this year I resolve to:
- Be more proactive about helping Cady with her homework. (Homework still sucks as much as it did when I was in school.)
- Pack a lunch for Cady at least twice a week (even though she doesn’t mind buying her lunch at school).
- Prepare for the morning the night before (this one should last approximately two days).
- Focus more on my writing (this will be like my own homework assignment).
- Finish the office/craft room.
- Purge and have a garage sale (this is already scheduled so I need to get busy.
What are some of your new school year/fall resolutions?
A Photo Just Because:
I was walking to the girl scout meeting on Tuesday when I tripped over some raised concrete and busted up my knee and my ankle. Yes, it does hurt as bad as it looks. Thankfully I didn’t break anything but my pride.
Stuff I Did This Week:
Tuesday I finally shared my BlogHer recap with you. Wednesday I shared some high school memories with y’all. Yesterday I told you all about the new LeapFrog Touch Magic Guitar and a contest to win $500.
Some Great Stuff I Read:
- I loved this post by Claire Bidwell Smith on HuffPo about all of the things you don’t see in her photos.
- Once again Dana (The Kitchen Witch) knocks it out of the park with her awesome writing telling a story about her daughter and her worries of going back to school.
- I loved this “Are You a Good Mom?” checklist from Alex at Late Enough.
- This post from Stephanie Glover (A Grande Life) was written a couple of months ago, but I just found it this week and I’m saving it, The Best iPad Reading Apps for Preschoolers. She also has a more recent post about apps for toddlers.
Hope y’all have a great weekend!