My heart is heavy today about the whole North Carolina amendment one thing, and I’m not sure I can put any of those feelings into words other than sadness, frustration, weariness, more sadness… You get the idea. Instead I thought I would give you a list of five completely random things.
1. Softball is still going on. Just in case you were wondering. The team has been winning, but Cady hasn’t been playing her best and she was pretty disappointed in herself last night. We have another game on Thursday. Let’s all pray she gets a hit.
2. I’m going to BlogHer again this year. I had not planned on it, but some stuff switched around in my schedule that freed up some vacation time so I said “what the hell…” I’ll be rooming with one of my awesome roomies from last year, Elaine, and someone new, Erin. Looking forward to seeing everyone and making some new friends.
3. Cady was at my mom’s Friday night. The kids were playing outside in the sprinkler and she stepped on something and cut the bottom of her foot. It was pretty nasty, but it is healing fine. Of course “Ms. Frances” has been completely dramatic about the entire thing. One day I’ll give you the run down on the kids’ names and why she has so many nicknames.
4. My therapist thinks I may have ADD. She has recommended that I try a medication, Vyvanse, to see if it will help with my concentration issues. She can’t prescribe it though and I can’t get in with my regular doctor until June 11th. Anyone have any experience with that medication or adult ADD?
5. I met with Cady’s teacher yesterday. I don’t know why, but that always makes me nervous. She is definitely moving on to second grade. I didn’t have any doubts about that, but it is still nice to hear. We are supposed to work on her reading (fluency) over the summer. The teacher has some concerns that she may be dyslectic, but we can’t test her until second grade and it still may be a development issue. I haven’t mentioned it to Cady because I don’t want her to fret over it all summer. The child is an A#1 fretter. I’ve been wondering about this for awhile, but I wasn’t sure what was “normal.” I actually felt kind of glad when the teacher mentioned it to me.
That’s it for me. Today finds me with a heavy heart and a busy schedule so I might as well get to it. Y’all have a great day!