Pinterest, Huh?!

I have made no secret of my love for Pinterest, but I have to admit that sometimes I see things that make me go, “huh?!” I don’t mean the truly bizarre:

{Photo Removed}

I mean the stuff that is supposed to be “normal,” but makes me thinks about it in a real life situation. Here are some examples.

{Photo Removed}

Sure this looks awesome, but let’s get real. Someone has to set this up for everyone else. Who do you think that will be? (Mom) And what happens when it rains? Someone has to take all of this down and pack it back into the house. Who do you think that will be? (Mom) Not so awesome when you think about it like that.

{Photo Removed}

You know what I see when I look at this. A mess. I don’t know about your house, but books never stay on the bookshelf this neat at my house. My bookshelves are a total mess of books, art projects, board games, photos… you name it. Anything that needs a place to get stuck quickly goes there. And then has to be dusted.

{Photo Removed}

Freezer meals, what a smart idea. You know what I think? There goes my Sunday. Plus? My hands will smell like onions for a week.

{Photo Removed}

“How many times have I told you to leave the pillows on the sofa?” I mean, this is just perfect for children. NOT! Actually I don’t know anyone neat enough to live in this space.

{Photo Removed}

Every girl needs her own private cottage. I’m sure this is completely affordable. The gardener to keep it looking like this, however, probably isn’t.

{Photo Removed}

What, doesn’t every home need a full bar? I bet these people throw a great Super Bowl party.

{Photo Removed}

Completely practical.

{Photo Removed}

I’m so glad I’m not a mom that needs this many laundry appliances. Also? If your laundry room is this big I don’t want to know you.

{Photo Removed}

Every home needs a rotating door. I wonder how much Windex it takes to keep this clean and how often it must be applied.

What is the craziest “normal” thing you’ve seen on Pinterest lately?

Comments

1. says

I have to admit I love the slide, but do you know how often I would be yelling at my kids if we had one. And the white furniture is CRAZY! I haven’t invested enough time in Pintetest to find too much.

• says

I think the slide looks like a blast, but it is completely impractical. It takes up a ton of space, and I’m sure you can imagine what it would be like to have kids and that slide. Let’s not even mention when other kids come over.

2. Kim says

I found a laundry room like that-smaller though and quite nice. However, above the washer and dryer was a television. Seriously. If you are stuck in the laundry room long enough to justify the need for a TV something not right on sooooo many levels. And I agree with you about the outdoor “room” set ups. They are intriguing but….

3. says

I had to laugh at the reading nook one, because the VERY FIRST thing I thought of was “There’s no way in Hell. Dusting that would be a nightmare!” LOL!!

4. Jodi says

I agree with every single thing you said….but you knew that…

Pinterest has an element of “im a better mother then you” to it…. “look how I can make 50 meals ahead, cupcakes shaped like monster trucks and wear 5 inch high heels that make me look hot”…..

• says

Oh I love all of them, or almost all of them. I just know that in real life (or my real life at least) that none of that would work.

5. says

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who looks at beautiful decor and thinks, “I could never keep that clean!” I have a pin on one of my boards of a beautiful hot tub next to an outdoor fireplace, and all I could think was, “Wouldn’t the s’mores crumbs clog up the hot tub filter?”

6. says

I know it’s wild and probably really expensive but I pretty much love that slide next to the staircase! I mean how fun would it be to go down THAT every morning on the way to get your coffee!?!? :D

7. says

Ahhhhhahhhhahahah! That’s me laughing super hard. Because yeah, the white couch with it’s stupid white pillows would wind up looking like my black couch, that started off brown. I like to call it homicide couch because it is THAT effed up now. Because kids ruin things. Maybe not everyone’s kids, but mine for damn sure.

• says

Those pillows would last 2.2 seconds before they were on the floor to be an “ocean” or a “picnic” spot, and let’s not even talk about the food and drinks they would be used to mop up. Your kids are not the only ones. Mine ruin things too.

8. says

I, too, want that slide/stair combo. But my hospital bills would be enormous. I always love looking at styled homes that are perfect because I know it’s a complete fantasy in real life. Unless the person owning the home has no hair, no pets, no kids, and no life.

• says

The slide looks like it would be a blast, but in real life it would never work.

I agree. These people have zero life or a really fantastic maid. I’m happy when I can walk through the living room without stepping on something.

9. says

I’m right there with you. Love Pinterest, but yes, there is some weird or extremely impractical stuff out there. Except the slide. That is necessary in absolutely every single home.

• says

So I’m guessing everyone LOVES the slide. Yes the slide is fun. I will give you that. But you have to admit that it isn’t really practical? Right? Look how much space that thing takes up.

10. says

You know what I hate? The workout pins with the women with amazing bodies. I’m all for workout inspiration. But I’m more in favor of reality. Post a photo of a person you know in real life who exercises and looks good. Realize that rarely are those pictures of women with kids and jobs and a life that is lived outside of the gym. It just makes me crazy.

• says

Yes. Or the ones of the crazy skinny women that you know are not healthy pinned as “inspiration.” Inspiration for what? An eating disorder. No thanks. I have enough problems with food without going there.

11. says

HAHA!! I see stuff all the time on there and I’m like REALLY?

Even some of the recipes that come across as simple and quick, but once you get into reading on it….there’s only 42 ingredients and 27 of them are from some specialty store.

In other words, my Lean Cuisine is quicker and cheaper.

The best thing I get from Pinterest is how it shows me I’m living a pretty normal life.

• says

I created a board for recipes with “too many ingredients.” I hate the ones that take something really simple and delicious, like pecan pie, and turn it into vanilla bourbon pecan pie with praline sauce or whatever. You get my drift.

12. says

ha ha ha. I have a whole board titled “total design fail”. It includes a pin of a couch… inside a closet. And a laundry room, beautiful, spacious. And with the washer separated from the dryer by about 6 feet.

13. says

I actually blogged the little cottage one time. It’s so cute! The eye thing is just freaky. Who wants a bunch of eyeballs on your wall? And I don’t understand how anyone can have anything white. Even if I didn’t have kids my husband and animals would mess it up.
    mom taxi julie recently posted…Mrs. Wash Your Dishes-AgainMy Profile