I am so excited about this week’s featured blogger. She is actually someone I know in real life. We grew up in the same town and her sister has always been a good friend of mine. Interesting side note, I still have the gift she gave me at my bridal shower. Carrie contacted me when she first started blogging at A Sassy Redhead with lots of questions. I helped her as best I could, which was mostly just steering her to other bloggers that know way more than me. She is doing great, and I can’t wait for y’all to meet her.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Since turning 40 (a couple of years back) (and which is totally the new 29), I wanted to write. But kept thinking, “Who wants to hear anything I have to say?” But then I like hearing what others have to say. Hoped maybe it was like a two-way street kind of thing.
2. You write a lot about your family. How do they feel about that? Have they learned yet to say,”Don’t blog about this.”
Oh, no. Not yet anyway. Well, ok, the smart sister has said it. Once. When we went on a road-trip a month back. She got pulled over on our way back to Texas and found out her license had been suspended for a week. She honestly had no clue or could understand why. I had to say in my blog she just got a ticket. She never said not to mention it on anyone else’s blog, so I should still be safe.
3. Who are you most like? Your mom or your dad or your crazy aunt Sheila? (I don’t know if you have any crazy aunts. I’m just following my gut.)
Oh, I got me some crazy aunts. Sho’do. I’m seriously compassionate like my dad, but I look and act and live large like my mom. Mom and I could pretty much pass as twins. I’m just hotter.
4. Do you feel like you sort of fell into your life? (And I know about it, but my readers don’t so give them the basic stats.)
I certainly do. Married for 11 years, then out on my own. Boom. Moved to a brand new city where I knew no one but the smart sister. I could be who I wanted. I could be me. Not his wife or her daughter or their friend. I have no children, so I was kinda lonely at first. But I could be me. And after 40…I really started to like me. And it had been years since I liked me. There is no amount of money you could pay me to go back to life before 40. The lessons, the love and the party have been totally worth it.
5. What is your favorite post that you have written?
For me, it’s always the last one I just wrote. But since you made me scroll back through the others, it’d have to be “Me, Old People, Lou Rawls and a dog I will eventually kill.” It really shows (to me) where my stuff comes from. My every day, mundane life. And that my mom was in a flash mob. Which I would totally do, too.
Told y’all she was awesome. And? She has the same accent as me. Be sure to check out her blog and give her lots of love after you link up. Here are the rules for linking up:
- Link up a favorite post you wrote this week.
- On the post you feature link back to my blog. Something like, “I’m sharing my awesome with Momma Made It Look Easy and you can too.” It can be in the tiniest print at the very bottom of your post. Or you can grab my “Share Your Awesome” button from the sidebar and use that.
- Link directly to your blog post and not your home page or a landing page. If you don’t know how to find the permalink just let me know and I’ll help you.
Next week I will randomly pick one participant (that hasn’t previously been featured) to feature on my blog. Please follow all of the rules. I will delete you if you don’t. And while it isn’t a requirement, it would be really great if you would check out some of the other blogs that link up, and also, comments are always great. The posts so far have been awesome and I’m sure they will be this week too.
Please share that you are linking up on Facebook and Twitter so that we will have plenty of people join in. I will try to share all of your posts.