I am so happy to feature Motherhood in Mexico this week for Share Your Awesome. I love Leslie. She is such a lovely person and has a unique niche for her blog. As her title indicates she blogs about motherhood in Mexico, but the unique thing is that she is a Southern California girl. I love reading her status updates on Facebook. Sometimes it sounds like she is living in a fairy tale (and sometimes a nightmare, like when she can’t get things in the store that we take for granted.) Let’s learn more about her:
1. What is the single biggest difference between living in the US and in Mexico?
The single biggest difference between living in the US and in Mexico is the absence of conveniences and luxuries that we often take for granted in the U.S. Most houses don’t have hot running water, bathtubs, indoor heating or air conditioning. I live in a very small town where there are no big name stores, malls, restaurants, fast food chains or movie theaters. It’s a simpler way of life.
2. What do you miss the most from living in the US?
I miss being able to soak in a bathtub after a long day of being a stay-at-home wife and mom. I miss holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Easter. And I really miss going Christmas Caroling!
3. What did you not mind leaving behind at all?
Stress is the one thing I didn’t mind leaving behind.
4. Are your children bilingual? If so, has that been a challenge.
Are my children bilingual? Yes and no. My older kiddies are pretty fluent in both English and Spanish. And my younger kiddies don’t understand as much English as the older kids, but they love saying random words in English. Teaching them English has been a challenge. When my 13 year old daughter was in kindergarten, she would sometimes speak a few words in English and her teacher told her over and over again that she shouldn’t speak English anymore because we were now living in Mexico. It really traumatized my daughter and it took a couple of years to convince her otherwise.
I just want to add… I wonder how many children move to the US from Mexico and are treated the same way. Or worse. Something to think about.
5. What is your favorite blog post from the last three months.
My favorite post from the last 3 months has to be New Exercise Craze.
Love her so much! Now it is time for you to Share Your Awesome for a chance to be featured next week. Here are the rules for linking up:
- Link up a favorite post you wrote this week.
- On the post you feature link back to my blog. Something like, “I’m sharing my awesome with Momma Made It Look Easy and you can too.” It can be in the tiniest print at the very bottom of your post. Or you can grab my “Share Your Awesome” button from the sidebar and use that.
- Link directly to your blog post and not your home page or a landing page. If you don’t know how to find the permalink just let me know and I’ll help you.
Next week I will randomly pick one participant (that hasn’t previously been featured) to feature on my blog. Please follow all of the rules. I will delete you if you don’t. And while it isn’t a requirement, it would be really great if you would check out some of the other blogs that link up, and also, comments are always great. The posts so far have been awesome and I’m sure they will be this week too.
Please share that you are linking up on Facebook and Twitter so that we will have plenty of people join in. I will try to share all of your posts.