To swimsuit or to not swimsuit

This vlog was inspired by Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop.

What about you guys? Hate going to the pool because it means donning the swimsuit? Do you actually go to the pool a lot? It seems like everyone on Twitter is going to the pool and we hardly ever go.

PS Sorry about my enormous head. I was too lazy tired to hold the camera farther away.

Comments

1. Connie Weiss says:

We have a pool right outside our front door. I can see it from evey from every window.

I did get my suit OUT…but I haven't tried it on.

I'm not a fan of The Pool and my husband usually takes the kids without me.

I did GO to the pool the other day and the other people annoyed me…so I probably won't go again.

2. I will watch this tonight…after having yet ANOTHER virus on my computer at work, I'm gunshy on watching videos.

But, I can say that since we spend so much time at the lake that Jdaddy's parents and our friends live on, there's no way for me to get out of putting a swimsuit on.

3. Kimberly says:

Last summer, I bought a Miracle suit. Trust me when I say that the manufacturer's definition of "miracle" and mine are completely different.

4. amygrew says:

Going to the pool is not my favorite thing either but I'm with you. No one looks great and once your playing its not a big deal.

5. I agree with you. Who really cares. Its about letting the kids have fun.

6. Kids having fun = parents having fun. I just can't resist the pleading…c'mon Mom get in with us! Plus it's just so darn hot out!

7. Rach (DonutsMama) says:

I love going to the pool. But yes, I am a little intimidated since I just had a baby. But you know, everyone is going to be looking at her and not at me anyways!

8. Colleen says:

I gave up being (too) worried about how I look in my bathing suit. I decided it wasn't fair to my kids to avoid the community pool just because they have a chubby mommy. I don my Lands' End skirted tankini and happily cool off in the pool. Do not ask me to ever give up my skirt though. I've come to believe that I will never again be comfortable without a skirt on my bathing suit.

9. midlife_swimmer says:

swimming is the best place to work the weight off in summer. I wear a swim suit at 220 pounds about 40 hours a week :)

10. Jennifer says:

I read this yesterday but from my phone and couldn't comment. We don't have access to a pool either and it is so frustrating because I LOVE to swim and my kids are both terrified of the water. I can't get them used to the water with no regular access to it.

11. You know how fashions of the past always make a come back?
    I'm still hoping for those 1920s-style suits (the ones that go all the way to your knees?) come back.
    Of course, I'd hope for modern fabrics, not wool.
    That would give me confidence at the pool!
    We rarely seem to find time to go to the pool, and my kids go a lot at day camp. So my problem is solved!

12. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization?

I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Many thanks!
    bikini swimwear recently posted…bikini swimwearMy Profile