I love my family. I really, really do. But I have a confession to make. I don’t like cleaning up after them. At all.
I know that some women actually enjoy this. Taking care of their families. They find joy in the simple tasks of taking care of their family, cleaning up after them. Lots of them are very happy stay at home mommies that get paid in hugs and kisses. I think that’s great.
And actually I’m a little bit jealous because I wish I enjoyed it at least a little bit because then it wouldn’t piss me off so bad when I hear, “Moooommmm, I need you….” Because that sentence right there let’s me know I’m in trouble.
This weekend there was mess making of epic proportions at my house. Here are a few examples:
- Pee accidents, from the kid and the dog
- Milk that had a tiny hole and leaked all over the outside refrigerator (After I cleaned it up David told me he had dropped it, but thought it was alright. He was wrong.)
- A whole tube of toothpaste that got squeezed out all over the bathroom
- Poop, lots and lots of poop
- A sample size bottle of cleaner that got spilled all over the kitchen table and everything on top of the table
- Water splashed all over the bathroom
- A giant glass of water that got spilled all over the kitchen table and everything on top of the table
- A milk cup knocked off the bar and spilled all over the floor
- A cup of soured milk in the bathroom (don’t ask me where it came from because I have no idea) that got knocked over on the counter and spilled all over the counter and the floor